Due to continued business success and growth our client requires a Senior Finance Manager with an energetic 'can-do' and hands-on attitude to support their Head of Finance.
Key responsibilities and duties of this role:
* Manage the day to day running of the finance and admin function, promoting a culture of strong performance
* Lead and manage 3 direct reports (17 indirect), reviewing and taking accountability for their key responsibility and the wider team
* Ensure the finance and admin function is compliant by taking ownership of the personnel matrix (to include appraisals, objectives, and on-going training)
* Develop, track, and share finance and admin function KPI's
* Ensure that the financial risks facing the business are well understood and effectively mitigated
* Challenge assumptions and decision-making as appropriate, providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets, and business drivers.
* Produce and manage month end timetable
* Take responsibility for internal financial management, ensuring all weekly, monthly, and annual management reporting is produced in a timely and accurate manner
* Ensure all monthly balance sheet accounts are fully supported and reconciliations reviewed/signed off
* Prepare and coordinate month end P&L and BS commentary for Head of Finance
* Present weekly cash position and aged debtor/creditor analysis to Head of Finance for review
* Submit monthly Intrastat report/EC Sales report and Quarterly VAT returns
* Administer Monthly Payroll and Pensions
* Review weekly cash position and develop forecasting model
* Assist the Head of Finance in the design and implementation of longer term strategic and short-term business plans
* Provide finance support to the Commercial, Operational and Technical Teams
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes, and qualifications.
* Fully Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
* Proven experience in a similar finance management role with a strong background in managing the day to day duties of a busy finance department
* Excellent leadership and people development skills
* Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to highlight and challenge relevant issues
* Strong systems literacy, advanced MS Excel skills, good MS Word, Outlook & PowerPoint skills
* Business partnering approach and relationship building with key stake holders
* Highly organised, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to effectively prioritise work
* Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience in dealing with multi-currency transactions ability to manage large amounts of data
The role is based in Northampton with good road links from Milton Keynes, Buckingham, Towcester, Daventry, Leicester, and Wellingborough
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.