This role will initially be recruited in to our Southend office with a salary of £30,880. The role will be relocated to Stratford in 2021 and a London weighting will be applied to make the salary £35,105 **
FINANCE SYSTEMS AND PROCESS ANALYST
We have an exciting opportunity to join the fast-paced Financial Accreditation Team (FA Team). You will work with projects across HMRC, building relationships that support project delivery, ensuring finance change requirements are delivered to allow HMRC to account for, receive and pay out money in accordance with strategy and Accounting Standards. This role gives an outstanding opportunity to develop key leadership, assurance and collaboration skills.
ABOUT CORPORATE FINANCE
Corporate Finance fulfils a vital role at the heart of HMRC. We are responsible for ensuring that HMRC plans and manages its performance, makes good decisions and is held to account on accurate financial and performance data. Our activity helps HMRC account excellently for everything HMRC does.
Our vacancy sits in the Financial Accreditation (FA) Team, which forms part of Finance Operations. Our team plays a key role in HMRC Transformation by ensuring excellent financial management and control throughout the HMRC Change process by accrediting changes to financial systems and processes.
Providing an excellent prospect to work collaboratively across HMRC with Change teams; you will provide advice and direction to ensure all changes impacting Finance Systems and Processes meet Departmental and Finance strategies, such as Making Tax Digital!
Our exciting and interesting role would suit anyone who wants to work in a Finance or Project working environment or has a desire to develop their knowledge of HMRC tax systems and processes. As a department committed to continuous professional development this role will also provide opportunities to expand/develop Financial Accounting and Project Management competence.
Our vacancy sits in the FA Team, which forms part of Finance Operations. Our team plays a key role in HMRC Transformation by working in partnership with projects and programs to ensure Finance requirements are understood and developed, then assuring the subsequent changes made to finance systems and processes comply with internal and external standards. We do this throughout the HMRC Change lifecycle process, providing accreditation and assurance of changes to financial systems and processes.
You will be part of a team of accreditors who have a wide knowledge of tax and finance accounting systems and processes. You will have the opportunity to influence the financial accreditation process as the team adapts to the pace of HMRC Change and the way we deliver Financial Accreditation
Providing an excellent prospect to work collaboratively across HMRC with Change teams; you will provide support, advice and direction to ensure all changes impacting Finance Systems and Processes meet Departmental and Finance strategies, such as Making Tax Digital, EU Exit and Policy change.
Our exciting and interesting role would suit anyone who wants to work in a Project change environment with a desire to develop their knowledge of HMRC tax systems and processes. As a department committed to continuous professional development this role will also provide you with opportunities to learn, expand or further develop your Accounting, auditing and Project Management knowledge to support you reach your potential.
Working closely with SO Accreditors, HMRC Change leads and Finance/IT experts you will be responsible for:
• Working in partnership with Senior Officers accreditation of complex, high risk change initiatives and / or taking ownership and leading on the accreditation of several smaller lower risk change initiatives.
• Working with an expert team of accreditors, to continually build capability that will ensure efficient delivery that meets the future demands of HMRC.
You will do this by:
• Developing an extensive range of contacts and being involved in a wide variety of subjects, which reach across the whole of HMRC.
• Working closely with wider Corporate Finance Subject Matter Experts (SME) to ensure their requirements are delivered, drawing on their expertise and keeping them informed of progress.
• Building an extensive knowledge and expertise of financial accounting and system requirements enabling you to support the wider business whilst providing input to a number of changes.
• Using and developing your knowledge and skills to provide accounting advice and support to all those involved in accreditation.
• Working with project teams and influencing change managers to embrace strategic solutions that will meet the future demands of the department.
• Attending and participating in change workshops/meetings, to understand impact of change and provide support and advice on the needs of finance and our strategic aims (travel will be required).
• Inputting financial requirements and influencing design.
• Responsibility for drafting process maps, Business Readiness, papers, producing auditable information and Testing preparation and collecting evidence for Go Live.
• Highly motivated and self-driven with excellent influencing and organisational skills.
• Able to demonstrate either business analyst, finance, project, audit or assurance skills.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely.
• Strong communication and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and conflicting priorities from multiple sources.
• Ability to analyse information, summarise and use judgement on recommendations.
Be a role model of the Civil Service Behaviours
Although the following is desirable there will be on the job learning and development, and therefore not essential:
Good knowledge of accounting or project management principles, including desirable qualifications as follows:
• Fully/part qualified accountant (CAAB or equivalent).
• Fully/part qualified Association of Accounting Technician (AAT).
• Audit qualification(s).
• Project Management qualification(s)