Our client based in Speke are currently recruiting for a Global Payroll Specialist to join their HR department, working in a team of 3 global payroll specialists. The role has come about due to the Head of Payroll carrying out a project, implementing a new WorkDay system so they need someone to oversee the day to day payroll validation and checking of it.
You will be working with vendors in about 6-8 countries so will need to sign the payroll off. Maybe some project work as they are moving their benefits onto ADP. Global experience not essential but must have solid UK payroll knowledge as it is complex/
Role will be working from home at least until Q1 next year. Need to be an easy going individual who understands that their customers are the employees of the company.
This is a temporary role for 9 months, possibly longer paying £20.84ph.
Managing and Processing end to end Payroll for UK and additional EMEA countries;
* Ensures payroll is processed with speed and accuracy
* Serves as liaison to department leads and third-party payroll vendors to ensure payroll processing accurately reflects company specific pay policies
* Carries out validation of payroll and is responsible for final reconciliation and approval
* Support with all required third party payroll system implementations and upgrades
* Interprets pay policies, (e.g., vacation, LOA, disability, workers compensation, union contracts, government regulations, withholding exemptions, etc.) and ensures appropriate amounts/deductions are calculated and applied to the various accounts correctly
* Verifies compliance with statutory payroll requirements; stays current with changes in the law
* To assist with audits of internal records, workers compensation, tax filings and related documentation where required
* Where changes are made to the process, to update payroll process documentation
* Solid UK Payroll experience - Essential
* Ability to take over responsibility for the processing of monthly payrolls
* Experience of handling integration files from HMRC & Benefits software to Payroll providers
* Thorough understanding of Shared Service environment
* Able to plan and build payroll calendars
* High level of Excel (pivot tables, vlookups & formulas) - Essential
* Able to manage relationships with external payroll vendors
* Experience with managing the update of process documentation
* Year End exposure - PSA, P11D, P60
* Experience with Payroll alignment to HR & Benefits policy
Additional Experience/Skills (Not essential):
* ADP experience
* BA/BS degree preferred.
* Workday Payroll
* CIPP qualification preferred
* Experience with additional country payroll
* 7+ years' experience in Payroll - Negotiable for good candidates