I am delighted to be working with a manufacturing business based in Peterborough to recruit a Site Accountant for their small yet rapidly growing business.
With the support of a part time Finance Director this is a stand-alone role, we are therefore seeking a self-starter who is able to manage all finance tasks, both commercial and operational.
The ideal applicant will be qualified by experience, having worked in a small/medium sized business with a broad understanding of transaction processing in all areas of payroll and ledger accounting.
Key Responsibilities - Site Accountant:
* Transaction process all day to day accounting operations such as billing, general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
* Update Fixed Asset register.
* Manage cash flow and post all bank transactions on a daily basis.
* Manage credit control and customer credit limits.
* Process monthly payroll and payments to the pension scheme (experience not required).
* Manage and comply with VAT and Corporation tax requirements (assisted by the finance director).
* Accounts administration and data entry
Experience required - Site Accountant:
* A minimum of 2 years accounts experience in a similar role
* A minimum of 5 years commercial and office experience
* Experience of Kashflow accounts package would be beneficial whilst being proficient in Excel is essential.
* Experience of working within the manufacturing industry would be highly advantageous.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and growing business. We are seeking a problem solver who enjoys working on their own initiative and is happy to cover a wide range of tasks. The ability to work efficiently to ensure that daily and periodic tasks are completed is essential.
In return, my client offers a friendly and welcoming working environment where you will very quickly become an integral member of this growing team.
Working hours are Monday to Friday. Competitive salary dependant on experience. For more information please get in touch and apply directly.
**Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact short listed candidates. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of making your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful