A Global Big 4 Consultancy is seeking a highly experienced Internal Auditor-Data Assurance to join them on a contract basis working remotely.
The Internal Auditor will plan and execute audits with a primary focus on data to satisfy the Internal Ratings Based (IRB) responsibilities under article 191 of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR). Specifically, the role will:
* Support the Director of Internal Audit in discharging its responsibilities to the Audit Committee.
* Develop a multi-year risk-based audit plan that supports a program of audit work covering the key aspects of IRB data governance in line with stakeholder and regulatory requirements.
* Scope and deliver high quality audits over the quality of the Bank's IRB ratings system.
* Develop high quality audit reports identifying gaps and areas of improvements.
* Maintain adequate standards of documentation supporting audit conclusions.
* Manage and coordinate work across IT and the Business.
* Attend relevant committees, conduct continuous monitoring of IRB developments and to keep up-to-date on regulatory changes and industry best practices.
* Contribute to information sharing across audit leadership team.
* Strong experience in the banking financial services industry.
* Experience of auditing IRB rating systems and data governance.
* Good experience of credit risk data modelling and reporting for IRB.
* Analytical skills and experience of data governance and modelling tools, preferably SAS and SQL, is preferred.
* Excellent report writing and communication skills.
* Understanding and experience of data models and data governance including database technologies, data quality - governance, lineage and movement, solution architecture and knowledge of tools typically used to manage test data.
You must have experience in all of the above to be considered for this role