VD Recruitment has partnered with a leading and growing group of independent Montessori nurseries and preschools. We are currently recruiting at their Hanwell branch for a dynamic Deputy Manager.
We are looking for passionate Deputy Manager with strong knowledge of the EYFS, good communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. The individual must be highly motivated and have a positive attitude towards working with children. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years post qualifying experience with preferably at least one year in a senior position or in a role that has some exposure to senior responsibilities. Ability of understanding Management Structure. Good mental and physical health. Friendly, flexible approach. Willingness to learn.
You will be joining a 'Good' Ofsted Rated nursery at Hanwell W7 location. This is a full time permanent role with 40 hours/week working with rotating early and late shifts between 7.30am to 6.30pm
Salary Offered - Up to £24k
Duties & Responsibilities are as below but not limited to-
* Deputise for the Manager.
* Oversee the smooth running of the nursery.
* Lead the staff team to deliver high quality practice within the nursery.
* Ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in the Day Nursery.
* Observe each child's progress and report on achievements, looking for progression and continuity alongside the Early Years Foundation Stage.
* Ensure that no child is ever left on their own in the room / nursery / outing.
* Understand and participate in the key person system. To ensure that your own key children learning journey/ profiles are up to date and maintained at the required quality level.
* Deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and any other appropriate guidance for young children in accordance with nursery's policy and guidelines.
* Action and monitor all child safeguarding / protection issues / accidents to ensure that any remedial action is taken immediately. Ensure close monitoring of children about whom there are concerns.
* Carry out health and safety checks as required to ensure the room / nursery is tidy, safe, clean and secure for children, staff, parents/carers and visitors .
* Participate in free flow systems. This aids children's development in self-assurance, independence, making choices and self-selecting.
* Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues.
Experience , Qualification & Skills Required:
* Childcare qualified to Level 3 from a recognised awarding scheme (CWDC Diploma, NNEB, BTEC, NVQ, CACHE).
* You may have experience of the following: Senior Nursery Nurse, Senior Nursery Practitioner, Room Supervisor or Room Manager
* Training in Child Protection and Safeguarding Children.
* Training in Behaviour Management.
* A recent Paediatric First Aid certificate.
* Fluency in written and spoken English and an ability to write reports as directed by the manager.
* Strong knowledge of the EYFS.
Staff Benefits Package:
* Funded training courses to develop your career
* Financial support towards further qualifications
* Career progression and promotion opportunities
* Increased salary for Level 3 Forest School Leaders
* Health care benefits including optical, dental, chiropody and therapy (physio and osteo)
* Westfield Rewards - Exclusive special offers and discounts from more than 450 High Street and online retailers.
* Free 24 hours counselling and advice line on wide range of issues
* Ofsted "Outstanding" outcome - "M&S gift voucher" for each staff
* Staff discount for childcare
* Pension Scheme
The positions are subject to an Enhanced DBS certificate and references.
If you have the relevant experience & qualification and would like to be a part of a progressive team please send your cv