High Halstow Pre-school Ltd is an outstanding provider and we are looking for an experienced Level 3 Early Years Practitioner to join our friendly team.
The successful, enthusiastic candidate will be responsible for their own group of key children. They will have recent experience delivering the EYFS and the ability to plan for individual children. They will possess suitable ICT skills and have excellent communication skills with children and adults, both verbally and in written form.
The candidate will be reliable and flexible, self-motivated,with the ability to work as part of a team. This position is subject to DBS checks and satisfactory references.
High Halstow Pre-School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects applicants to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the 'Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974' and therefore all convictions, cautions and reprimands including those regarded as 'spent' must be declared.
Purpose of the job
To work as a key person and as part of the pre-school team under the direction of the manager. To provide safe, high quality education and care for young children which meets the individual needs of children attending the setting.
1. To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance.
2. To help to set up the playroom(s) for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
3. To act as a key person to a group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
4. Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
5. To advise the Pre-school Manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
6. To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
7. To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
8. To support meal/snack times within the setting.
9. To actively participate at team meetings, supervision/appraisal meetings.
10. To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for your own development.
11. To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job.
12. To be aware of and adhere to all the setting's operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
13. To ensure that records are kept and updated regularly to the standard required by the manager.
14. To promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
15. To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Pre-school Manager, in accordance with the setting's business plan/objectives.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager.
1. Level 3 Early Years Education and childcare qualification or equivalent, with the possibility of obtaining a level 4 qualification.
2. Willingness to learn
3. Willingness to undertake further training.
4. Previous experience of working with young children.
5. Sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to five years.
6. Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
7. Knowledge of Child Protection procedures.
8. Good communication skills.
9. An understanding of play based approaches to children's learning and development.
10. Commitment to equal opportunities.
11. Commitment to working effectively with young children and families.
12. Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
13. Ability to listen to others