Annual salary: up to £50,000.00 Are you an experienced Database Team Leader who is looking for a new challenge.
If so then we want to hear from you.
Mears is a company uniquely placed to address the major challenges in housing and social care industries. We are a market leader in providing housing services to the affordable housing sector, and a major presence in homecare and deliver a high standard of Care Services providing personal care to over 20,000 people a year, enabling older and disabled people to continue living in their own homes.
We are agrowing and transforming organisation and as such we are seeking to invest in a passionate and delivery focused Database Team Leader to join our IT team.
As Database Team Leader you will be responsible for ensuring the department strategy for database storage and accessibility is efficient, cost effective and robust whilst meeting the current and future demands of the business. Whilst the role is hands on, line management duties to the Database Administration team are required to ensure they are sufficiently trained and possess the relevant experience to carry out their role
Your responsibilities include -
- Assist with day to day database system administration, including daily checks, backup verification, security maintenance, performance tuning (analysis, indexing, updating statistics, etc.).
- Create, review and maintain code in our database systems to optimize, standardize and/or prepare for upgrades.
- Take on and lead database projects with varying degree of complexity
- Keep an insight into new / changing technologies through product awareness and propose business case reports for justification to change in infrastructure.
- Perform database backups and recovery as required, including periodic testing.
- Review, test, recommend and install upgrades of database software, including patches and major releases.
- Upgrade, configure and maintain server and database monitoring software to baseline system performance and proactively identify (and remedy) potential issues.
- Assisting in designing and testing Client solutions with the IT department
- Peer review and deploy database changes through change management. Liaising with the development team of the benefits of alternate solutions available within SQL.
- Assisting the Integration team leader in ensuring the most efficient, robust, supportable solutions are created for the business by ensuring an adequate skill set of all those in the department.
- Assisting with scoping of interface and integration requirements and management of the delivery of efficient, robust interface projects
- Review, test, update and document detailed disaster recovery/business continuity plans for key production SQL Servers (database mirroring, log shipping, replication, clustering) in a VM/SAN environment.
- Maintain Business knowledge to ensure solutions meet the business objectives.
- Manage database team, allocate tasks, perform appraisals, disciplinaries etc.
Whilst this role does involve remote working, you would be expected to work from our Exeter office at times. To be considered you will ideally be living in the South West RegionWhat are we looking for?
It is important to have the ability to manage through respect of the team, department and company. This is partly gained by being able to carry out the duties of all your staff when needed. Your ability to be a positive role model to all your staff is key to the spirit of the department.
- Minimum 5+ years of SQL Server 2008 - 2016 database infrastructure administration in an enterprise environment on Windows Server technologies.
- Proven experience with SQL server performance analysis, troubleshooting and tuning.
- Very experienced with advanced Transact-SQL.
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL Server high-availability and disaster recovery solutions such as clustering, database mirroring and replication in a VM/SAN environment.
- Experience with SQL monitoring and performance tools such as SQL Sentry and RedGate
- Knowledge and experience of SQL Service Broker
- Experience of the Azure SQL tools and capability's
- Strong understanding of Powershell scripting language and command line shell.
- Understanding of Tintri and equivalent VMWare environments for configuration for performant SQL operation
- Familiarity with automated release systems such as Azure Dev Ops or TFS.
- Staff management experience from recruitment to line management duties of appraisal, disciplinary etc.
- Must have professional demeanour, positive attitude, and excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Must be able to work well both independently and as a team member.
- Individual should be able to work well with a minimal level of supervision and have a proven ability to take initiative.
At Mears, we recognise that people are our greatest asset so we invest heavily in training our people and we are committed to providing them with the skills and equipment to deliver a great service. Our red thread runs through everything we do and we want people who share our values to help us continue to deliver customer focused services and innovatively push the boundaries of the sector. We empower our people to lead by example, taking ownership and responsibility to work to the best of their abilities and effectively collaborate with colleagues and partners to exceed the expectations of both clients and customers.
If this sounds like you, then CLICK on apply and we look forward to hearing from you!