Permanent Sourcing Manager, North Glasgow, Monday - Thursday 9am - 5pm, Friday 2pm Finish
Your new company
Based in the North of Glasgow, my well-known client is seeking a Sourcing Manager to join their Procurement team on a permanent basis. The organisation is going through growth, and this role is newly created for a motivated individual.
Your new role
In this role, you will be responsible for many aspects of direct sourcing including;
- Develop and manage direct sourcing strategies for the packaging of goods
- Engage with new and existing suppliers to deliver continuous improvement
- Identify, negotiate and implement robust agreements with suppliers
- Support the global procurement function - negotiation for regional and/or global tendering exercises
- Develop and maintain a working understanding of the cost structures of the packaging of goods, ensuring market analysis is done and there is an awareness of the market place and trends
- Provide spend and supplier reports from SAP system
- Develop a robust vendor approval process
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful, you will have experience within FMCG procurement, ideally within direct procurement. In addition, you will be a professional individual with the ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment. Furthermore, you will be confident in running multiple projects at the one time.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary, as well as an attractive benefits package including; private medical insurance, 35 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell)brand ambassador scheme as well as much more!
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual. Due to the COVID pandemic all interviews and onboarding will happen remotely before returning to an office environment once safe to do so.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.