Are you an experienced, ACCA qualified management accountant?Would you like to work in a role that makes a genuine positive impact?
Consider the role of Contract Accounting Manager
for Reed in Partnership
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services. The role
The Contract Accounting Manager oversees the accurate accounting and reconciliation of contract income and supply chain costs for Reed in Partnership and Reed Wellbeing. You will primarily be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and validity of contract revenue and subcontractor cost entries to the General Ledger ensuring adherence to the company's revenue recognition policies.
Working closely with the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis and Head of Financial Accounting, the role is responsible for the design and ongoing maintenance of the company's revenue recognition processes, in accordance with accounting standards, which are reviewed frequently to ensure they are correct and appropriate for the specific contract to which they refer.Key accountabilities
Skills & experience
- Support the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis with accounting and reconciliation of contract income and supply chain costs for Reed in Partnership and Reed Wellbeing.
- Monitoring of project costs and collation of supporting evidence to support defrayed cost claims.
- Directly manage a Contract Accountant and a Contract Analyst.
- Support the Management Accounts team through the provision of accurate and timely short term Income and Supply Chain Cost forecasts.
Disability Confident Commitment
- Experienced qualified accountant with a minimum of 2-3 years PQE (preferably ACA or ACCA), preceded by a strong academic record.
- Previous experience of revenue recognition accounting with a detailed understanding of IFRS 15
- Experience in a Financial or Management Accounting role in a fast moving, high volume, multi site environment, such experience to include preparation of monthly management accounts at a detailed level of accruals and prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations, KPI preparation and interpretation, budgeting and forecasting.
- Good accounting systems knowledge, gained through in-depth exposure to systems such as Oracle, SAP, CODA
- Previous experience of project management or of contributing to large projects (eg contract or new system implementation)
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria