**** COVID-19 - Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***Do you enjoy building and continually improving successful customer focused teams?
Directly overseeing a team of four and collaborating with the broader finance management team, the Finance Team Leader plays a key role in developing their own team and broader processes. The position provides real variety and a learning opportunity covering areas including Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Treasury.About NES
Our vision at NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is to develop a skilled and sustainable workforce for a healthier Scotland by providing education and training for those who work in NHS Scotland whether through undergraduate, postgraduate or continuing professional development. What we can offer you
- Life-work balance - with opportunities for flexible working and remote working
- A collaborative, open and empowering environment
- Extensive Benefits
- Incremental progression through the salary band, plus annual NHS salary scale review
- There is a generous NHS pension scheme and
- Annual leave starts at 27 days increasing in line with service plus 8 days public holiday
Responsibilities will include but are not restricted to:
What we love to see
- Line management of staff involving planning; allocation of activities; support to team using daily huddles
- Ensuring all enquiries are responded to in a timely manner to good quality
- Regularly and Pro-actively reviewing policies with a view to continuous process improvements
- Assist the team by dealing with escalated payroll enquiries
- Review of Accounts Payable and Receivable control accounts, including a review of the aged creditors and aged debtors analyses.
- Work with colleagues to ensure issues raised within payroll control accounts are dealt with timeously.
- Experience operating at a supervisory level in a Financial Services team leading and setting direction
- Proactive approach to continuous process improvements
- Empowering, Adaptive and Collaborative Leadership
- An understanding of all accounting principles and payroll related issues
If you'd like to discuss the role informally, please contact Monica Halcro .
For more information including how to apply please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 3rd November 2020
Interview date: 18th November 2020 onwards