IT Engineer Team Leader
I am looking for an outstanding team leader to join our rapidly expanding team. This is a really exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical professional to help restructure and transform the service model for a rapidly expanding, an IT Managed Services Provider. Initial responsibilities will be focused on working with the Service Delivery Manager to transform the service model, team structures and processes, building a solid, scalable operating/service model to support ambitious growth.
Ongoing responsibilities and focus will then turn to Service Delivery Management of clients with your technical experience. You will also support and manage a team of 2nd and 3rd line engineers and you will liaise with the Service Team Leader in charge of our 1st Line Engineers.
You will thrive in a customer focused environment and will be able to manage multiple workflows at any one time. The job is varied and there will be no one day that is the same, as selection of some of the things that you may be responsible for are detailed below:
* Instilling rigorous practices within the technical team, ensuring complete and accurate logging of all calls and incidents. Conducting evaluations on core metrics such as logged calls and resolution times
* Escalating issues to management - another multi-faceted aspect of being a successful Team Leader is the need to be able to translate IT and service issues into non-technical terms
* Managing and coordinating urgent and complicated support issues
* Responsibility for process and service improvements
* Assisting the Service Delivery Manager with the major incident process from start to completion
* Supporting, training and coaching the team of engineers.
* Resolving escalation service calls as directed by the Service Desk at a technical level
* Recruiting, training and supporting engineers
Skills and Experience
* Strong customer service skills and ability to develop teams (essential)
* Experience of being responsible for IT Service Management (ITSM) tool set and constant upkeep to ensure tools are fit for purpose and working as required (desirable)
* Experience of leading an IT service delivery team and sound knowledge of problem management and incident management processes (desirable)
* A technical background is essential, knowledge of relevant technologies; Windows Operating Environment, Cloud Services, Virtualisation, Hosting, Networking, Storage etc is required
* Maintain a high standard of work and professionalism (essential)
* Logical approach to problem solving (essential)
* Ability to work unsupervised and diligently (essential)
* Excellent time management and priority determination skills (essential)
* In the absence of management to be able to oversee day to day activity (essential)
If you think you have what it takes to join our outstanding team, then please drop me a line with your CV and covering letter