Day and Night Carer Positions
Care and Residential Home, Ashbourne, Derbyshire
£9.00 - £9.15 p/h | Full-Time Contracts - Day Shifts | Outstanding CQC
When you care, you work in a job to be proud of.
Ashbourne Lodge is looking for permanent, full-time day and night carers to join our fantastic, hard-working team. You would be working in the only care home in the county of Derbyshire to hold 4 out of 5 'outstanding' ratings.
Ashbourne Lodge has established itself within its local community of Ashbourne and neighbouring villages, and has attained a number of other accolades including the Derbyshire Quality End of Life Award, Amber Valley Trusted Trader status and individual team members have received regional and national recognition at the Great British Care Awards.
Details of these Day Carer positions and what the home is offering:
• Permanent, full-time Day and Night Carer contracts (37.5 hours), working day shifts, over a 7-day rota
• While we aim to offer flexibility, we ask that you can be available for early, afternoon and evening shifts.
• An hourly rate of £9.00 (if 25 and over) (£9.15 if you hold an NVQ level 2 or above in Health and Social Care)
• A comprehensive induction and ongoing learning and development opportunities
• A supportive atmosphere with a fantastic team spirit
What We Are Looking For In a Carer:
• It is preferable that you have some experience in a UK nursing home setting, but not essential. Preferably you will have a keen interest in working in older peoples' services
• A flexible approach to shift patterns, including morning, afternoon and evening, and able to adhere to a 7 day rota
• You will be compassionate and respectful and able to build relationships with colleagues and those that you care for
What we are doing to keep staff and residents safe from Covid:
• We have invested in a monthly programme which provides a microbe sanitising shield that is applied to all surfaces. The substance has been imported from New Zealand and lasts up to 30 days on surfaces. It instantly kills viruses and bacteria in order to keep our residents and staff as safe as possible.
• All bedding, laundry and staff uniforms are washed onsite using Panaz, which is a shield which kills any unwanted viruses and bacteria
• Weekly staff testing and monthly resident testing
• Advanced Air Purifiers in every bedroom which destroy bacteria and airborne viruses
• Enhanced PPE and Control of an Outbreak training
• Staff and residents temperatures are taken daily
• Robust Cleaning and Infection Control policies
• Reserve stocks of PPE
By joining our team as a carer, you can make all the difference in the world to a vulnerable person's everyday life.
To apply now, please follow the link provided.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
Our philosophy is simple and unwavering.
At Milford Care it is the right of each resident in our care...
• to be cared for with dignity, respect, compassion and kindness
• to receive care based on individual needs and informed choice
• to feel part of a community
• to voice opinions and make personal decisions at all times
• to be cared for by people who appreciate their need for privacy
If you're the sort of person who treats others with respect, listens to their needs, understands their emotions, and is warm, kind and honest, we want you!