Full-Time Day and Night Care Assistant Positions
Nursing and Residential Home, Belper, Derbyshire
National Minimum Wage plus 15p p/h extra for NVQ Qualified | Full-time Contracts | Day Shifts | Nursing and Residential Home - Outstanding CQC
When you care, you can work in a job to be proud of.
Milford Care are looking for a permanent, full-time care assistant to join our fantastic, hard-working team at one of our care homes, Spencer Grove, Belper.
Since opening in 2009, Spencer Grove has received many awards for excellence in care, including a number of winners at the Great British Care Awards and was also awarded "Best Healthcare Development" at the LABC East Midlands Building Excellence Awards.
Details of this Care Assistant position and what the home is offering:
• Permanent, full-time day and night contracts, working flexible shifts over a 7 day rota
• Minimum wage, plus an extra 15p per hour for NVQ qualified
• A comprehensive induction and ongoing learning and development opportunities
• A supportive atmosphere with a fantastic team spirit
What We Are Looking For In a Care Assistant:
To work in Care, you need the right qualities but gain the qualifications.
• You may have some experience in a UK nursing home setting, but it is not essential. Preferably you will have a keen interest in working in older peoples' services
• A flexible approach to shift patterns and able to adhere to a 7 day rota
• You will be compassionate and respectful and able to build relationships with colleagues and those that you care for
What we are doing to keep staff and residents safe from Covid:
• We have invested in a monthly programme which provides a microbe sanitising shield that is applied to all surfaces. The substance has been imported from New Zealand and lasts up to 30 days on surfaces. It instantly kills viruses and bacteria in order to keep our residents and staff as safe as possible.
• All bedding, laundry and staff uniforms are washed onsite using Panaz, which is a shield which kills any unwanted viruses and bacteria
• Weekly staff testing and monthly resident testing
• Advanced Air Purifiers in every bedroom which destroy bacteria and airborne viruses
• Enhanced PPE and Control of an Outbreak training
• Staff and residents temperatures are taken daily
• Robust Cleaning and Infection Control policies
• Reserve stocks of PPE
By becoming a care assistant, you can make all the difference in the world to a vulnerable person's everyday life.
Worried that your lack of experience in the care environment will stop you from achieving a career in something suited excellently to your personality? We are not looking for qualified professionals, but rather anyone who feels they can enhance a person's experience-be that through sharing emotions and memories, through laughter and fun, or by responding to moods and feelings.
To apply now, please follow the link provided.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
Our philosophy is simple and unwavering.
At Milford Care it is the right of each resident in our care...
• to be cared for with dignity, respect, compassion and kindness
• to receive care based on individual needs and informed choice
• to feel part of a community
• to voice opinions and make personal decisions at all times
• to be cared for by people who appreciate their need for privacy
If you're the sort of person who treats others with respect, listens to their needs, understands their emotions, and is warm, kind and honest, we want you!