Lead High-Speed Digital Design Engineer - DDR, PCIe, Ethernet job available in Reading, Berkshire. Up to £75,000 salary package per annum available.
A very unique and exciting opportunity has come available for a High-Speed Digital Design Engineer to join an innovative and rapidly expanding research and development organisation. We are currently developing cutting-edge electronics for the satellite communications industry. We have 50+ employees and are looking for add a High-Speed Digital Design Engineer to our site in Reading, Berkshire.
* Design, test and verify highspeed digital hardware.
* Develop embedded controller systems, GPS, and sensor systems, etc. for satellite communications.
* Assist with the management and team leading of hardware / electronic engineers.
* Work closely with project management on meeting timescales / budgets.
Skills / Experience required:
* Strong experience with highspeed digital design for DDR, PCIe, PS-GTR, etc.
* Exposure to serial communication standards / protocols (Ethernet, SPI, I2C, etc.)
* Ability to design, develop and test electronics.
* An understanding of TCP/IP networking (security / traffic management).
* Strong communication skills with an interest in team leading / mentoring engineers.
Desirable skills (not essential):
* Experience with any of the following would be beneficial to the team but NOT essential: analogue circuit design, RF engineering, power supply design, PCB design, or embedded software.
* Exposure to Software Defined Radio would be beneficial but not essential.
* Experience with satellite communication or antenna array would also be beneficial but not essential.
This Lead High-Speed Digital Design Engineer job in Reading, Berkshire is a business-critical position. We require someone who has 'hands on' design capabilities with management qualities. You will gain fantastic career progression opportunities throughout your career here