Systems Engineer- Matlab & SimulinkBasildonPermanent Full-time£45-60K + Benefits
Kerr operating as an employment business working on behalf of our client, a Global Engineering Services provider, for their co-located team based in Basildon for their client, a global defence industry leader. We are seeking to appoint a Systems Engineer with Matlab & Simulink experience.
This Systems Engineer will have systems modeling experience and exposure to MATLAB and SIMULINK., this is to support the development of a new Electro-optics product which has just entered the assessment phase. Ideally, we are looking for someone with Electro-optics systems experience or candidates with experience of other aerospace/ defence, space, nuclear, automotive or transportation applications will be considered.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per weekResponsibilities:
Ideal candidate would have:
- Modelling of Electro-optics performance of the system.
- Ability to generate, run and analyse scenarios once the model is complete
- System/sub-system functional analysis and generation of functional system architectures
- Generation of system/sub-system models to support the design, test and verification of system functionality & performance
- Production of supporting system documentation and diagrams
- Modifications to existing legacy systems models to support development of the product
- Degree in Physics, Mathematics or Systems Engineering is preferred but will consider Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of systems modelling & simulation tools (i.e. MATLAB and Simulink)
- Experience of developing systems models to characterise system functionality & performance
- Experience of working in multi-disciplined Engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding systems requirements, performing functional analysis and generating system functional architectures
- Experience of the Systems engineering lifecycle
- Previous experience of Electro-optics systems design
- Experience of MBSE (Model Based System Engineering) methodology
- Previous experience with CAMEOSIM (not essential)
UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain unrestricted SC clearance. Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage.
Closing Date: 30/11/2020Please note:
- We accept spontaneous applications via email - do not hesitate to send us your CV, stating what kind of role you would be looking for.
- Please do not hesitate to regularly have a look at the Kerr Recruitment website for an overview of all our vacancies.
- Kerr Recruitment are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
- Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.