House Team leaderLocation:
£21632 - £27061Hours: 48.11 weeks, full time
(40 hours a week)Foxes Academy
We're currently looking for a House Team Leader
where our Foxes Academy operates, the UK's only fully operating training hotel for young people with learning disabilities.
Foxes is a very special place. We believe in changing lives and giving our students the skills, knowledge and confidence to successfully shape their own futures. Our mission is to equip young adults with learning disabilities to find sustainable employment in the hospitality sector and to live independently. The Role:
As a House Team Leader your primary and overriding role is to ensure the health, safety, welfare and development of all Students in your house.
You are expected to work professionally and collaboratively with your team to motivate Students and support them to make substantial and sustained progress. You will lead, direct and develop your team proactively, effectively and efficiently set the professional standard with your team, this includes all aspects of the teaching and learning. We therefore expect the highest professional standards from you in all areas at all times and without exception.
The House Team Leader will be responsible and accountable for the individual and collective performance of your team. We expect you to regularly check and review the work of the individuals within your team.
We expect you to work alongside other teams across the organisation including the Therapy, Education, Vocational Education and Hotel teams to maximise the learning and success of all Students and to respect the privacy (confidentiality) and dignity of all Students and at all times adhere to the equality and diversity policy. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Professionally and effectively lead handover and regular House Team meetings to ensure consistency and continuity for the Students, and ensure that all connected paperwork is up-to-date and accurate.
- Conduct all performance management conversations in a professional, accurate, honest and fair manner respecting the dignity of the person involved, and the confidentiality surrounding such conversations.
- Professionally, collaboratively and effectively lead on all Health and Safety routines within the house, and ensuring that all records (including fire drills and testing, accident and health and safety) are kept up-to-date with the relevant departments/persons informed of any issues or problems.
- Lead the House Team in the training, support and personal development of Students, and at all times safeguarding their health and welfare.
- Contribute professionally and constructively to any review (paperwork and attendance as requested) and development of any course, scheme of work, quality assurance processes and procedures.
- To attend all courses and training as directed.
- We expect you to undertake any other duties and/or responsibilities as directed by the Principal (or Senior Team Leader) on request.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
Want to Apply?
- Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
- At least 2 years' experience working in a residential setting.
- Level 2 Maths and English.
- Safeguarding experience.
- Experience of working with people with learning difficulties.
- Allergens knowledge (desirable)
- First aid (desirable).
- Level 2 in Food Safety Hygiene.
For more information or to request a job description please email:
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check. The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer.