Location: Flexible. This role has the flexibility to be based in our Bristol or Havant office.
The OVO Group's purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the 'Best Employer in the UK' by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we're looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we've welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we're working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it's people power that will rewrite history.
So, we're building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it's not just a job. It's the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Reporting to the Senior Risk Manager, you will play a fundamental part in providing an effective Risk and Governance function. As the Risk Manager, you would be working to ensure risk management is in place and embedded across OVO Retail.
The Compliance and Risk team is a new one, created following the acquisition by OVO of SSE Retail and this is an exciting time to join the team as it integrates both businesses, working to deliver a best-in-class Compliance and Risk service.
What will I be doing?
You will be partnering with operational leaders to deliver risk management services across OVO Retail.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partnering with team members across OVO Retail to support and embed risk management
- Facilitating the identification, analysis and evaluation of risk
- Providing advice to Risk Owners on the suitability of controls, key risk indicators and key control indicators
- Overseeing ongoing monitoring of risks against the Risk Appetite set by the OVO Retail senior team
- Assisting with the periodic review of the Principal Risks and Risk Appetite for OVO Retail
- Producing value-adding reporting on risk to ensure stakeholders at all levels can make informed decisions
- Supporting the development of a culture within OVO Retail that understands risk and enables risk-based decision making
Is this the job for me?
The ideal candidate will have a passion for risk management and a desire to ensure risk is understood and appropriately controlled. You will have an ability to work co-operatively within OVO to embed risk management into day-to-day decision making. You will have experience of delivering high value and quality outputs.
Ideally, you will have:
- Experience of risk management in a regulated sector - sound understanding of risk management principles and techniques
- A recognised professional qualification in risk management and/or be either degree level educated
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Resilient in character with strong ethical values and a desire to get it right
From us you'll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days' holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more...
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work - flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We're keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure... we'd love to hear from you.
Other organisations may call this role Risk and Compliance Manager, Compliance Manager, Retail Risk Manager, or Risk and Compliance Project Manager.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Risk Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.