A leader in the Financial Industry for Innovation, Refinitiv continues to look toward new technology to drive our high performance, real-time systems to perform better, with the highest uptime available, and a strong focus on our clients.
Data rates in the financial industry continue to climb, with an expectation that the latency continues to improve. This complex set of requirements requires the best in innovation for handling both real-time data feeds already in the market place, and for our clients who wish to contribute directly to our financial systems.
As a Development Manager, you'll join our Realtime Platform and Modernisation team, specifically in the global Elektron Real Time group. You will get the opportunity to manage technical teams and be the focal point for development issues across a development wide programme for a sub region whilst also being the line manager of Development Team Leaders, Developers, vendor resources and other technical roles.
If you're looking for a new challenge where you can stretch and develop your technical skills, this could be the opportunity for you. We'd love to hear from you! Responsibilities
Scope and Impact
- Accountable for the successful execution of technology projects including support and maintenance releases, minor functional releases and major products.
- Executes on Global technology initiatives/strategies and guide successful implementation/adoption
- Primary area of influence is within own team, including Vendor resources, and influence on other product delivery lifecycle teams.
- Works with third parties to ensure delivery of outsourced work, resolves application issues, and understand product direction in order to support and implement where appropriate.
- Evaluates and makes decisions on engagement of strategic suppliers on regional projects.
- Leads and manages the day-to-day activities of their team including supporting career development of team (objective setting, performance management, etc.)
- Implements and models a work culture that promotes development and retention of high quality staff within guidelines of the global organization priorities.
- Implements a customer-aware culture for their team, ensuring close working relationships with Product, Project Management, Technical Operations etc
- Liaises with other technical development areas for cross assignments and exchange of staff and encourages staff movement in line with business and/or career development needs.
- Accountable for delivery across multiple projects/products for the Region by providing HANDS ON engagement, guidance and support to project to assist in removing project impediments.
- Allocates and schedules resources in line with overall team, resolves conflicts, and prioritizes projects to meet the needs of the business within the Asia Region.
- Manages Regional work prioritization, scheduling and budgets.
- Creates trust and credibility with stakeholders/user community and works with them to identify issues and risks that may impact them.
- Provides timely status updates for areas of team responsibilities within projects potentially including senior leaders, initiating escalation when necessary.
- Adept at all aspects of technical communications, including using presentations technologies (e.g. WebEx, PowerPoint) and software demonstrations.
- Encourages two-way communication with staff, peers, and business partners.
- Communicates across virtual teams and a globally diverse environment.
- Contributes to compliance requirements and other governance measures within Region
- Ensures self and team develop modules using disciplined processes, adhering to team/company standards and best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
- Ensures internal Service Level Agreements (SLAs) or other such agreements for third party support with technical areas are met.
Knowledge and Skills
- Make recommendations for budget spend and assist with justification for purchases.
- Determines resources and scheduling for all projects within a functional area of technology.
- Has full responsibility for the execution and operational performance of teams/projects.
- Directly impacts project results for a business unit or major functional area.
- Applies organization policies and programs appropriate to functional area as required.
- Applies Technical expertise to directly influence decisions. Is a hands on developer engaged on mission critical deliveries.
- Improves the quality of development in the organizations and promotes best development practices.
- Identifies and contributes to ongoing development and adoption of project processes, tools, and techniques so they develop in line with organizational, technical, and commercial requirements.
- Provides leadership and direction
- Directs and controls the performance and talent management activities for a functional area through team leads
- Responsible for motivating and recognizing staff with a special emphasis on direct reports.
- Grows organization talent through recruiting, coaching, and mentoring.
- Proven experience using formal software engineering tools and methodologies, including design, development, testing, etc.
- Ability to identify and understand complex problems and effectively drive resolution.
- Articulates technical and non-technical information effectively to multiple audiences and levels. Demonstrates active listening.
- Working knowledge of financial Industry (not essential)
- Hands on vs Management ratio is 60:40.; so this is a hands on developer & management role.
- Minimum of 8-10 years development experience in C++, Java and a solid understanding of networks and networking protocols a must.
- Understanding of OS, and indepth working knowledge of Windows and Linux a must.
We're building a community of extraordinary people who will break new barriers and redefine what data can do. If you're relentlessly focused on delivering success, you could join them. We care about benefits too.
We support our colleagues' wellbeing with inclusive benefits. So that's support for physical, financial, mental and environmental health, paid time off to volunteer, consumer discounts & savings and so much more. All of which are tailored to your needs and may vary by location. For more details talk to your recruiter.
Our fast paced and supportive environment is only possible due to determined, autonomous problem solvers who love our high performance culture. And as a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. So we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations .
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.