With our continued growth and success we are currently looking for a Design Manager to join our expanding Rail Division.
The successful applicant will be responsible for Managing the Design Process across Dyer & Butler's portfolio of rail projects and frameworks.
Reporting to our Engineering Manager you will be familiar with Network Rail's Engineering Assurance Process and will be responsible for ensuring high quality solutions are produced by our consultants that are practical to build, cost efficient and delivered in a timely manner.
You will work closely with our operational and commercial teams and will provide technical support during the construction phase where necessary.
Primarily based from our Southampton Offices with some travel to Project sites and our other Regional offices where necessary.
This role requires you to be a Chartered Engineer.
* be a Chartered Engineer with a Civil or Structural Engineering background from either a Civil Engineering consultancy or contracting background, who is keen to pursue a career in design management with a contractor.
* enjoy working as part of a team in a multidisciplinary environment and can recognise the importance of value engineering, buildability, cost control and programme in the management of design and construction projects, without detracting from the project brief
* have excellent communication and Client relationship skills
* have demonstrable experience in a similar role within Rail and infrastructure
* ideally have experience of holding the position of Contractor's Engineering Manager (CEM)
* Highly Competitive salary
* Generous company car or car allowance
* Private medical insurance
* Flexible benefits scheme
* Support in training and development