Mechanical Design Engineer
From small projects to full turnkey solutions, this business provides specialist engineering support and project delivery solutions to the Food & Drink Manufacturing Industry.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will play a crucial role in the development of a new product range and the enhancement of special-purpose machinery.
About the role:
* This will be a technically challenging and rewarding position with a strong focus on R&D Design projects.
* Designing bespoke process and production equipment for the Food Industry.
* Creating detailed drawings for fabrication, manufacturing, and assembly.
* Producing 3D Models and carrying out FEA simulations.
* Liaising with customers and project engineers to ensure designs meet expectations.
* Present designs at reviews meeting and suggest new products.
* Preparing Bill of Materials (BOM's).
About the Person:
* Must be highly proficient with 3D CAD packages such as SolidWorks.
* Experienced in the design of equipment for the Food, Beverage or Pharmaceutical Industries
* Ability to produce conceptual designs
* Confident with Design Calculations and Part tolerances
* Strong attention to detail.
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
Salary & Benefits:
* Basic Salary between £35,000 - £45,000 pa (dependent on experience)
* Bonus Scheme
* Company Pension
* Fantastic career progression and personal development opportunities