Group Finance is an important part of the Princes Group with dealings at a high level within the organisation. Reports will be completed for the Group Directors or Chief Executives directly and general reports which are distributed throughout the organisation.
The Financial Accountant will regularly produce reports for senior management and be required to gather information from counterparts at a divisional level. Frequent liaison with Princes' external advisors is also required. Consequently, exceptional communication skills are required.
* The ability to complete, understand and report on a £1.5Bn turnover and £37M PTP consolidation with 8 statutory entities, 4 overseas branches and 12 dormant companies.
* To provide critical financial support to the Chief Executives and Group directors with regular and frequent contact.
* Provide monthly operational and commercial statistics and quarterly financial information to Mitsubishi Corporation.
* Liaison with external auditors (senior manager) during quarterly and annual external audits and tax consultants (senior manager) for corporation tax queries.
* Completion of financial information accurately with the Group Finance team and within the deadlines set, examples of which include weekly forecast, monthly overhead reports, quarterly Mitsubishi accounts submissions, twice yearly board meeting financial information, annual forecast and budget.
* Communication across the various business areas is critical to enable completion of various monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc requests for information.
* Responsible for group division overhead reporting, including the posting of all necessary allocations, accruals, prepayments and full reconciliation of accruals and prepayments control accounts, ensuring all directors cost centres are accounted for correctly and all queries are answered on an accurate and timely basis.
* Hold monthly meetings with cost centre directors challenging their costs / forecasts to ensure they are reported accurately and most cost effective.
* Completion of consolidated group weekly forecast with explanation of major movements to Group Directors.
* Completion of Princes Ltd balance sheet for consolidation by Group Finance Manager.
* Management of the Audit reconciliation app for Princes Ltd to ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed within agreed deadlines. Carry out regular spot checks to ensure quality of reconciliations and consistency.
* Compilation of various quarter end schedules to assist the Senior Financial Accountant to complete the quarterly consolidation pack for our parent company. Items such as group overheads schedule for all UK companies.
* Responsible for the completion of the Princes Ltd subsidiary and dormant accounts including liaison with the group external auditors in order to ensure that there are no outstanding issues.
* Responsibility for completion of the group overheads budget and in conjunction with the Senior Financial Accountant and Group Finance Manager, responsibility for the completion of the group overhead consolidated budget process.
* Responsible for all aspects of the monthly UK Intrastat and quarterly EC Sales List reporting to HMRC. Including full maintenance of all associated SAP reporting, amendment of all errors, review of paperwork to ensure system working correctly and assistance with any queries / visits from HMRC.
* Responsibility for the completion of national statistics reports that are issued to HMRC.
* Responsible for collation of monthly VAT spot checking paperwork to assist the Financial Accountant to complete the associated VAT Return(s).
* Material Master Maintenance for items such as VAT rate, commodity codes, royalty rates etc.
* Responsibility for all the EOL VAT reporting requirements and to provide all UK VAT advice where necessary under the guidance of the Group Tax Manager.
* Responsible for all payroll control accounts reconciliations including providing support to the Payroll Manager.
* Assistance in collation of tax information for the Group Tax Manager who completes the annual corporation tax returns.
* Responsibility for meeting various key controls as part of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting and assistance with on-going internal and external auditing of the processes.
* Ad-Hoc assistance in various other group reporting.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Degree educated or equivalent.
ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified / finalist preferably with a large firm although not entirely necessary.
Financial accounting experience through their first line job role.
Previous experience of preparing accounts packs.
A track record of producing good quality accurate work.
Ability to work to tight deadlines.
High attention to detail.
Good Excel knowledge
Knowledge of SAP desirable
Keen for a challenge in a hard working environment.
Ability to analyse detailed information.
Excellent written communication skills.
Ability to challenge when necessary