Nursery Room Leader needed in Dartford: Term-time only
Ref No. PK44231
On behalf of a fantastic Nursery in Dartford we are currently recruiting for a Room Leader to join their wonderful team. You will support the Nursery Manager with the management for your specific room and be a dynamic leader who can maximise the talent and experience of a strong Nursery team, ensuring that the team delivers exceptional childcare on a day to day basis.
This is a full time, permanent position working 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, in an extremely rewarding and fulfilling setting. The role come with a pay rate of £9.17 per hour and an annual salary of £15,000-15,500 per annum. Candidates looking to take a step up to their first Room Leader position will be considered and the company provides excellent further training and development potential.
The Nursery is only a short walk from Dartford train station with excellent public transport links from surrounding areas.
You will ensure that the children are cared for in a happy and stimulating environment whilst being responsible for their physical, emotional social and intellectual wellbeing.
- You will effectively lead the staff team, providing day to day guidance and support to all staff in your Room
- To assist in developing and maintaining an attractive, educational play environment in the line with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Ensuring the safety of children is paramount, and be aware of any potential dangers around them
- You will be responsible for feeding, washing and changing the children, and generally tending to their physical needs
- You will need to plan and participate in activities to engage and teach the child, eg. music, painting, reading etc.
- You will need to liaise with parents and your surrounding team members, monitor progress, keep records and reports, and communicate any suggested improvements that can be made to help the child's development
- Ensure you help maintain the health and safety guidelines, being reliable, proactive and enthusiastic at all times
Skills and experience
- NVQ/CACHE Level 3 preferred
- A good understanding and knowledge of EYFS
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Ideally 2+ years' experience of working in a nursery
For more information please call Phil King on 0118 309 4222