Project Support Functional Lead - Fixed Term Contract 6 months
Your new company
An organisation based in Dundee has embarked on a 5 year programme of Business Transformation as part of the businesses strategic objectives.
The Business Transformation programme has already commenced and includes the replacement of our corporate systems across the Finance, Pensions/Payroll, HR, Research and Student ERP functions, with a single Integrated Business Solution (IBS) that has embedded reporting and analytics capability.
A structured organisational change programme that addresses the rationalisation and consolidation of Professional Support Services will drive new, more efficient and effective ways of working.
Your new role
The role of the Functional Lead is the primary focal point for the design and development of HRP processes and the quality of the associated IT functional requirements and deliverables. The role will provide HRP expertise and analysis support on the various project work streams to ensure the changes implemented support the objectives of the project and deliver value to the University.
The role will be expected to work independently under the direction of the Project Manager, be professionally accountable to the relevant Director, and liaise with key stakeholders across the business involved in HRP processes including senior management.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Deliver outputs on agreed project work packages
* Recognise and identify areas where existing policies and procedures require change
* Document business processes and identify efficiency and cost saving improvements
* Support the development of new service level standards for business processes to ensure targets are met and maintained
* Support for the development of key business processes in specialist area, to support the new Future operational model vision
* Support subject matter experts with analysis activities and re-design of functional requirements
* Key member of project working groups relating to defined workstreams
* Assist in data cleansing of the current system, identifying data to be cleansed and assisting users in performing the task
* Work with Business Analysts to identify and measure business benefits
* Work with Business Analysts to develop and prioritize functional requirement documents and translate into technical design
* Work with Business Analysts and external consultants to identify and document business rules and workflows
* Work with Business Analysts and external consultants to develop role and permissions models and configure and deploy new IT solutions and supporting processes
* Work with the Business Analysts to create user acceptance test plans, and arrange, coordinate and undertake testing
* Undertake end user testing activities, recording results, maintaining issues logs and liaising with third party suppliers and consultants to troubleshoot and diagnose issues.
* Providing 'Expert' user support on the applications
What you'll need to succeed
You will require demonstrable experience as a Functional Lead within business transformation. Previous project experience with HR systems is a distinct advantage, however not essential. Having previous experience working on similar projects within local government, NHS or further education is also advantageous.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive remuneration package and the ability to work in a flexible environment. Working from home is supported by this organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.