My client is seeking an Assembly Operative to assist with or complete the construction, production and assembly of company products using a variety of hand or power tools. Assembly methods and new solutions will be developed through close liaison with customers and in accordance with agreed fabrication principles and procedures.
This role is temporary leading to a permanent contract after 12 weeks upon successful probation periodKEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The successful candidate will possess the following skills/experience:
- To assist with or complete the construction, production and assembly of cases and affiliated products using a variety of hand tools or power tools, complying at all times with company's defined practices and methods
- To fabricate and assemble sub-assemblies with sufficient lead time to enable others to complete more complex products as scheduled
- Liaise with the Workshop Manager, to implement work schedules to ensure the timely completion of all sales orders
- Ensure a high standard of quality production with continuous improvement, reporting any problems or potential problems to the Workshop Manager
- Train to be able to carry out the maximum range of tasks, for which they are capable, within the workshop department
- Must have at least 2 years assembly experience of mechanical products / equipment
- Ideally NVQ level 2 or level 3 in mechanical manufacturing - or equivalent
- Must be willing to work additional hours at short notice, when necessary
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate verbally and via written media.
- Excellent team skills
- Understands the principles of engineering and good working practice.
- Able to work to tight dead-lines and in a busy and focused environment.
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist manufacturing and engineering recruitment company based in Norfolk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91015630