My client design and manufacture a range of engineered solutions solutions for a broad range of industries including aerospace and automotive related products. They have a new opportunity for a Production Planner to join their team on a permanent basisMain duties/Responsibilities will include:
The successful candidate will possess the following skills/experience
- To liaise closely with the design engineering, sales, purchasing and production functions to ensure the timely despatch of Customer orders.
- To use the company's database software and predicted sales orders to maintain the production schedule, in conjunction with the Workshop Manager, Projects Manager and Sales and Marketing Manager. To co-ordinate the sourcing of key materials to ensure timely deliveries for on-going sales orders.
- To co-ordinate outsourcing, eg fabrication, painting, plating etc, to ensure these processes are completed in line with the production schedule and at minimised overall costs.
- To organise transportation for both incoming and outgoing goods, with the prior agreement of Customers and Suppliers.
- To maintain the company database: confirming sales orders, updating contact information, etc
- To assist in developing a new and improved CRM / MRP system
- Prior experience either in low-volume or custom products based production planning, or role in similar production environment.
- Prior experience in similar manufacturing processes ie machining / assembly preferred.
- Experience of building relationships with Suppliers and also strong Customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbally and via written media.
- MS Office experience - Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Prior Health and Safety or Quality Systems experience would be an advantage
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering and manufacturing recruitment company based in Norfolk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91015416