Senior Java Software Engineer - Basildon - 3 months initially - £60 per hour - INSIDE IR35
ARM are working with a global automotive company who are looking to bring in a Java Developer on a contract basis.
- Develops software with a paired partner to deliver user stories that contribute to a valuable working software product.
- Develops automated unit tests with working software, to confirm software functionality conformance to functional and non-functional requirements.
- Develops automated functional tests to confirm user story acceptance and to detect regression defects.
- Performs exploratory testing to confirm application execution and to identify software deficiencies not covered by automated testing.
- Reviews continuous integration build status and fixes build failures.
- Improves continuous integration tooling by automating manual processes within the delivery pipeline and improving quality gates based on past learnings.
- Reviews ongoing production software operations and troubleshoots production issues.
- Implements tooling that monitors application performance metrics and automatically notifies team when a failure occurs in production.
- Active participant in all team agile ceremonies:
o Backlog Refinement/Storyboarding
o Iteration Retrospective
- Guides and coaches other software engineers on product teams.
- Strong Java development
- Strong C++ development
- Experience developing cloud based software services
- Experience of PL/SQL
- Strong TDD (Test-Driven Development)
- Continuous integration (eg Jenkins, Maven)
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Comfortable level developing in all tiers of application software: front-end, mobile, back-end and database.
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Knowledge and practical experience of agile delivery
Senior Developer/Consultant level
- Experience of full stack development
- Experience of build and test automation and continuous integration
- Experience of microservices
- Experience of mentoring junior team members.