Employment type: Maternity CoverDepartment: Witness Service - NationalContract Duration: 10 monthsAbout us:
The Citizens Advice Witness Service provides a vital service offering free and independent support for witnesses in every criminal court across England and Wales.
The Witness Service has over 260 staff and 3000 volunteers and offers free, independent, impartial and confidential support and information to 15,000 witnesses each month to give evidence in every criminal court in England and Wales.
Last year, Citizens Advice helped 2.6 million people face-to-face, by phone, email and webchat, and we received 25 million visits to our digital advice content. We solve 7 in 10 clients' problems, and 4 in 5 tell us that advice improved their lives.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented throughout Citizens Advice. We are a member of the race equality campaign at Business in the Community, the Prince's responsible business network and are committed to improving employment opportunities for ethnic minorities across the UK. We also welcome applications from, LGB and Trans and non binary candidates.
We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in role profiles.
We look for people to help us improve and transform our organisation. We can offer you the opportunity to make a genuine impact and create lasting change within an organisation that makes a difference in the lives of millions of people every year.
Are you an experienced manager of staff or volunteers looking for a new opportunity?
We are looking for someone who is a great motivator and thrives on leading teams to deliver positive outcomes. The Role
As Team Leader (Court Services) you will be in a crucial role, responsible for the effective delivery of the Witness Service within your court/s.
You will manage, motivate and develop a team of volunteers who support witnesses in their journey through the criminal justice system.
You will also develop and maintain key local stakeholder relationships with a view to promoting partnership working, and enhancing service delivery standards and effectiveness.Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with excellent management and communication skills, who can adapt to and manage change. Experience of working to agreed targets is essential for this role along with working to tight deadlines.
We welcome applications from diverse candidates who can demonstrate transferable skills.
This post is subject to enhanced vetting and barring check.You will love working with us because:
- We value diversity and equity
- You will be a part of a fantastic team who works collaboratively and inclusively, using cutting edge IT solutions to help us work better together
- You will be making a positive difference in people's lives
- Your health and wellbeing is important to us, we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, including access to counselling sessions, both online and on the phone support.
- Your future financial health is helped by a generous pension scheme
- You can further your career with training and development tailored to you
- You will have access to an online employee support networks and forums
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 26 days plus bank holidays with an additional 4 days off at the end of the year
- Opportunity to buy additional annual leave
- Generous maternity pay and shared parental leave
- 3 days paid volunteering each year
- Discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Inhouse mentoring scheme