Slitter Setter/Operator / Temp to perm / Dudley / £11.00 per hour
A Slitting Line Setter / Slitter / Slitting Machinist is required for a steel processing company based in the Dudley area. It is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established company during a period of sustained growth.
Your main duties will involve the setting and operating of a wide coil slitting line. Working with mild steel, stainless steel and more. This is a temporary to permanent role with long term opportunities available for successful candidates.
- Setting and running wide slitting lines processing steel coils to specification
- Setting of tools on the line, separators, overarms etc. working with shimmed and shimless tooling
- Loading/ unloading the line using a pendant overhead crane
- Operating a counterbalance forklift truck to move palletized steel stock
- Checking quality and tolerances of slit coils using precision measuring equipment
- Banding, packing and palletizing stock ready for dispatch
- Any other duties as required
A background in Slitting and the steel processing industry is required for you to be considered.
This position is working shifts on a rotating basis, covering mornings / afternoons, 6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm, but may eventually include nights, so flexibility for those shift patterns is required. If the company experiences a busy spell you may be asked to work 6am - 6pm / 6pm - 6am rotating. They will be paying £11.00 per hour to get started.
If you think this Slitting Line position is right for you, APPLY NOW!
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however, we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91018853