Permanent Payroll Clerk Based in Cheshire Salary DOE Your new role
In your new role as Payroll Administrator your roles and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Provision of timely and accurate weekly, monthly & 4 weekly payrolls for approximately 600 clients
- Management of all aspects of the payroll service, including reconciliations, reporting and BACS payments and ensuring all statutory requirements are met on behalf of the clients.
- Checking all hours overtime worked by employees and inputting into the payroll system
- Checking and inputting any other variables to the payroll run and inputting into the system
- Processing holiday, sick leave and any other absences
- Liaising with department managers to meet processing deadlines
- Processing HMRC instructions relating to tax codes
- Processing Court issued orders relating to deduction of earnings
- Checking and validating monthly pension contribution deductions
- Completing payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review
- Maintaining payroll processing system and records by gathering and inputting update data
- Investigating and responding to staff payroll queries
- Maintaining the Payroll amendment log routinely and diligently
Previous experience in a similar position will ultimately lead to your success, you will have a strong Payroll background, be used to working in a fast paced, high volume environment. You will have keen eye for detail and be a quick learner. What you'll get in return
You will receive an annual salary depending on experience, working hours are 37 per week, Monday - Friday and onsite parking is available. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a forward thinking, positive business in the local area.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.