Real Estate Analyst / Accountant - Client side - OUR CLIENT
is a leading, ambitious property investor with a diverse portfolio of assets under management across multiple asset classes. They are liquid and seeking to be acquisitive and have a solid portfolio or performing investments.THE ROLE
- As they seek to bring certain functions in-house and re-organise, they have created a new hybrid role to report to the CFO and Investment Director and play a significant role in analysing the performance of their existing assets, with complete responsibility for reporting for co-investment funds from management accounts to investor reporting. The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties and oversee the accounts production on several funds and their related SPVs:
- Maintaining fund level accounts for co-investment funds, utilising information provided by the property management team.
- Producing quarterly analysis for investor reporting, reporting on investment performance, property performance against business plan and historical and forecast cash flows.
- Building and maintaining complex cash flow models for current and prospective property acquisitions, to include comprehensive sensitivity analysis and reporting over a range of scenarios.
- Researching, analysing and summarising current real estate industry statistics/transactions to support and challenge the assumptions of the financial and operating business plans.
- Analysing and interrogating the operating characteristics of properties within the existing portfolio and prepare comparative reports, SWOT analysis and recommendations.
- Effectively contributing and challenging the due diligence assessments/assumptions on acquisitions.
- Assisting with the preparation of investment documents to support the process of debt and equity raising.
- Assisting with ongoing investor relations and reporting to banks.
- Participating, as required, in capital raising, marketing activities and investor relations exercises.
- Participating in business development and preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Managing audit of co-investment vehicles, planning the timetable and responding to all auditor queries.
- Liaising with overseas corporate service providers to ensure all VAT and other compliance obligations are met.
- To apply you will be a qualified accountant or similar (i.e. an MSc in Real Estate Finance and be a self-motivated individual with extensive experience of cash flow modelling, and with real estate-related experience. You will possess the ability to meet deadlines and manage conflicting priorities in busy periods; and you will possess and understanding of different capital structures and the different uses of debt in a real estate transaction. You should possess the ability to combine property knowledge with detailed financial analysis and strong cash flow analysis to communicate to investors. Strong Excel skills are a given.