Requirements of the role:
This role requires the holder to possess a degree, ideally a law degree, and to hold a legal professional qualification, ideally as a solicitor.
Experience in dealing with contracting or other matters in the IT field (particularly licensing arrangements, data protection /IG in healthcare IT or related field) and knowledge of Crown Commercial Services and other Framework Agreements used in public procurements in the health sector public sector and the formation of call off contracts would be very helpful but not essential.
Experience of working successfully with senior management and at board level. The role requires experience in corporate legal affairs; some knowledge and experience in commercial bidding, tendering, negotiation and sales skills for deals of individual TOV >£5m would be very helpful. Experience in employment, property is desirable but not essential.
•Strong academic record at school and university in whatever courses taken
•Writing ability - precise, succinct, simple but not oversimplified
•Attention to detail
•Negotiation ability - comfortable carrying the flag for the Business in contract negotiations with public sector customers who may be represented by experienced procurement advisers and/or IT-savvy lawyers
•Demonstrated interest in legal and contract matters
•Demonstrated interest in healthcare and/or information technology
•People skills - e.g. teamwork orientation; helping others achieve their goals; getting results from others; negotiation skills; etc.
•Energy and enthusiasm
•Time management and ability to set and adjust priorities and work to tight deadlines
•PC skills - MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and similar applications
•NHS and/or local government experience
•Public sector non-NHS experience
•UK public procurement law knowledge - legal and practical
•Large corporation experience
Purpose / Responsibilities:
Provide support to the client in their contracting activities with customers and suppliers and assisting the Group's Senior and General Counsel with a range of corporate affairs.
• Assist with and take the lead on customer contract formation working closely with sales and bid management teams across the different Alliance companies
• Advise the Business on contract management (i.e. performance against the contract from initial signature to expiry or early termination)
• Assist and lead on or support the negotiation and drafting of contract amendments (CCNs)
• Support others in the commercial, sales and bid management teams as appropriate for example on contract issues, renewals (term extensions) and contract administration (archiving and database)
Business partner contracting:
• Assist and lead on business partner contracting
Corporate legal support:
To assist the Senior Counsel and General Counsel as required with the Business's which could include:
• Corporate governance
• Intellectual property
• Employment affairs
• General corporate affairs
• M&A, and
• Property matters
• Provide support and guidance with retention and licensing of IP
• Provide support and guidance to purchasing activities within the Business
• Participate and lead UK legal team staff meetings, process improvement initiatives, and other activities as required
• Provide support to the Business's DPO
• Act as the first-line eyes and ears of the legal function within the Business
• Assist the Group's Senior and General Counsel
Communications and Working Relationships:
Internal / External
• Significant relationships both within the company (at all levels), across other operating business units within the Alliance
• Manage and maintain strong client relationships at senior and board level
• Manage and maintain strong relationships with corporate advisors
• Relationships with other vendors /partners and suppliers
The role will be based in a flexible location, but may, when there is regular office working, require attendance at the Company offices in Milton Keynes; and will require periodic travel and out of hours work as necessary for the role.
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency for this role