At Depaul UK have an exciting opportunity for a 1:1 Outreach Worker to join our team on a part time permanent basis. In return you'll earn a competitive salary of £10,429.50 pa pro rata (£20,859 pa FTE) + pension & other benefits.
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We provide services that prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering. We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
In return as our 1:1 Outreach Worker we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays pro rata
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
The 1:1 Outreach Worker role:
We are currently expanding the work that we do to prevent youth homelessness, in South Yorkshire, and are recruiting for an enthusiastic 1:1 Outreach Worker to join the team on a part time permanent contract.
The successful post-holder will provide one to one support session to children and young people and provide appropriate interventions, addressing identified support needs in relation to running away or going missing from home. They are also key in developing positive working relationships with current and potential referral agencies.
What makes this role exciting?
- A full induction and training to enhance the 'hard' and 'soft' skills required'
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
What will ideally support your success in the 1:1 Outreach Worker role?
- Excellent experience of working with and providing support to children and young people in crisis
- Good experience of working independently and managing own caseload
- Fantastic ability to develop strong, collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues and key external agencies
- High level understanding of professional boundaries and ability to maintain boundaries
- Willingness and ability to travel independently and work across South Yorkshire.
Closing date: Monday 02 November 2020 at 12:00 pm
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you'd like to become our 1:1 Outreach Worker then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients. Depaul UK strives to be equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91017070