M&E Lighting Improver / Engineer required for an established FM services provider to be based in the Newcastle area offering great earning potential. OTE £38k+ easily achievable.
Our client is a multi disciplined FM service provider and due to growth they are are now looking for an M&E Lighting Improver / Engineer to be based in the Newcastle area.Your new role:
You will carry out planned and reactive Lighting maintenance tasks safely and to an agreed standard. You will provide a first line response to all emergencies during normal working hours and out of hours when on callWhat you'll be responsible for:
Lighting reactive and planned maintenance.
Be available when on call to ensure effective response & resolution to satisfy customer needs and escalating where appropriate
Lighting maintenance including fault finding and repairing traditional florescent and LED fittings
To sponsor and complete Lighting surveys and technical reports as necessary and to cascade all key data to relevant personnel throughout field operations
Ensure parts and materials are ordered in a timely manner through company processes
To order and fit parts or components as prescribed by company procedures
Able to effectively diagnose and identify faults and failures with equipment and systems and provide effective solutions and escalate where necessary
To actively support colleagues building a teamwork approach e.g. - supporting with training and up skilling of apprentices and communicating regularly and assisting when requiredTo be successful in this role you will have:
- Full UK driving licence
- C&G electrical qualifications or equivalent
- 17th Edition AMD3
- Lighting maintenance experience including the ability to fault find and repair within a Commercial / retail environment
- Significant experience ideally gained in retail environment
- Awareness of budgeting of parts and material usage
In return for your hard work we would offer you:
- The post holder must be able to work flexibly, as determined by business requirements, including occasional weekend working on a rota basis or being on an on-call rota
- Due to this role being field-based / mobile having a UK driving licence is essential
- Salary: £26,800 OTE £38k+ easily achievable.
- Travel pay
- Overtime and enhanced rates.
- Up to 4% discretionary bonus scheme, subject to achievement of targets
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Generous contributory pension scheme of matched contributions between 4.5% and 6%
- Gym Discount
- Life Assurance (as part of the Company Pension Scheme)
- Ongoing training and development programme
- Van with fuel card.
- Mobile phone/PDA
- Calibrated tools and equipment.
You'll be provided with a Company van and all equipment needed to do your job
The hours of work are 45 hours per week, working on call for 1 in 4 weeks and may involve working weekends on a rota basis.
This is a great opportunity for an M&E Lighting Improver / Engineer to join a rapidly growing company where earnings are not capped and you are supported with training and ongoing development.
For more information please get in touch with Steve West