My client is a leading light in the field of communications. The company deals with a range of businesses from private companies to government organisations and local authorities. Due to the companies ongoing contracts they are seeking a Program Manager / Senior Project Manager
to join the business to oversee the company's surveillance customers.
Reporting to the company's Head of Projects the role will be a challenging one where you will be dealing with multiple programmes / projects for the business. You will need to liaise with both internal and external clients, contractors and various other professionals to ensure that each project is delivered on time and to budget. Internal customers will include sales and marketing, engineering and the contracts / finance departments, which will all have different requirements as each project progresses.
On the programme side your responsibilities will be similar but over a much longer term, so the client is looking for a manager who has a proven ability to maintain relationships with the client organisations and continue to deliver week in and week out, ensuring continuous delivery against agreed SLAs.
The role will involve conflicting deadlines and will require a self assured and confident individual is able to demonstrate and organised attitude and the ability to work under pressure and think "outside the box" as well as demonstrate the ability to maintain and grow relationships with individuals at all levels.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate:
- Educated to a minimum of HND level and ideally APM qualified
- 5 years in Project management / Programme management within a technical or engineering business ideally with experience of managing government contracts
- Proven experience utilising project management methodology / tools (i.e. Prince2 / MS project)
- Demonstrate the ability to manage high value projects over long periods of time
- Knowledge of Programme scheduling
- Proven experience in senior management relations
- 5 years traceable work history for security clearance
In return the company is offering a highly competitive package of benefits including a generous basic salary and other benefits.Interested?
Apply on line with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you feel that you would be an excellent candidate for the role.I look forward to hearing from you.