Energy & Utilities Account Manager*Local Council* *3-6 months*The role:
Knowledge & Experience:
- To oversee the processing of invoices and journal recharges of utilities bills to all of the Energy Service's clients. Providing critical analysis and amending processes where required and to act as the primary operational liaison with utility providers ensuring joined up processes (bill generation through validation and processing to payment/recharging)
- To co-ordinate and manage the resolution of client and supplier queries - both historic and new - regarding anomalies on utilities bills. And to liaise with the supplier Debt Management team(s) to ensure a seamless transition between dispute resolution and debt recovery.
- To manage the administration of utilities supplier invoices, management information and process payments in accordance with the Council's Contract Procedure Rules and financial regulations and maintain the energy management database.
- To manage the centralisation of utility billing and provide technical support on invoice creation and contract delivery, with a view to improving the efficiency of bill processing, management information and reducing costs through infrastructural changes.
- To act as the central point of contact for all enquiries for the Council's Energy Management Bureau Service and related equipment such as Automated Meter Reading technologies.
- To interrogate the Council's Energy Management Bureau Service and IT system for compiling, analysing, evaluating and reporting on energy consumption and carbon emissions data. To summarise this information and present to a wide range of stakeholders through events or the use of media such as Outlook, Word and Powerpoint.
- Detailed knowledge of working in the Energy Sector, ideally within the public sector.
- Strong analytical, data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Detailed understanding of relevant Energy and Carbon Legislation including the Climate Change Act 2008; and the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive 2007.
- An inclusive and flexible team player, but able to work alone to set procedures and instructions, maintaining concentration without supervision.
- Polite, professional and helpful manner. Ensuring that customers and contractors feel valued and deliver agreed outputs.
- Good working knowledge of financial management systems such as SAP and CEDAR E5.
- Good knowledge of energy systems e.g. Systemslink, TEAM Sigma or other equivalent Energy Management Database.
- Work Related Experience
- Experience of working within the utility / energy sector ensuring accurate management of consumption and implementing this through work programmes.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills with an eye for detail to execute a range of financial procedures and monitor budgets.
- Experience of undertaking in-depth and methodical investigations into queries and disputes, delivering reports with recommendations based on findings.
- A strong understanding of the composition of utility bills and meter installations, including tariffs, meter supply points, meter numbers and other relevant information.
- Ability to prioritise their workload and that of the teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience of leading teams and consultants to deliver and achieve deadlines.
- Experience of liaising and communicating with a variety of stakeholder groups and appropriately tailoring the message to suit the target audience.
- Experience in Utility Management, tracking and resolving supply and site related queries, portfolio management (supply addition/removals, Change of tenancy) and billing issues.
- Experience in the administration of management boards and events, including room booking, minute taking and document production and disbursement (e.g. agendas and associated papers).
- Knowledge and experience in energy consumption data recording, collation and analysis. Ensuring data is collected regularly and accurate records are maintained.
- Energy/Finance related degree or equivalent comparable professional experience.
Please apply with an updated CV