Our client is a leading international engineering, project management and services provider to the highly regulated nuclear and defence industries.
Due to their growing workload they are looking for a Senior Stress Engineer
to help strengthentheir Analysis Team based within either their Warrington or Didcot offices.
They are looking for a focused, enthusiastic and skilled Senior Engineer who can integrate with project design teams as required. You will be delivering finite element solutions and manual calculations to support design and installation consultancy projects for internal and external clients.
You would be responsible for complete packages of work or the complete analysis of a project. You will be responsible for checking and approval of deliverables as well as ensuring that industry standards and quality procedures are met. Safety in design is of highest priority and the Senior Engineer is a fundamental role in achieving this.Key responsibilities will include:
Skills & Experience:
- Carrying out FE analysis and hand calculations for consultancy projects for the substantiation of designs
- Supervise and coordinate small teams where required and be responsible for the output of others
- Creating analysis reports, technical requirements, plans and estimates
- Ensure tasks are carried out to the required scope and budget constraints
- Checking calculations and analysis by other engineers
- Managing small to medium size analysis projects
- Developing junior engineers or subcontractors through task supervision
- A passion for engineering and problem solving, with an excellent grasp of mechanical concepts and all types of loading, stress and failure,
- Expertise in hand and FEA calculations and either ANSYS, CAESAR II, LS-DYNA, Hyperworks,
- Good understanding of Industry and Regulatory codes and standards,
- Demonstrable performance in: technical leadership, delivery within time and budget constraints, rigour and commitment to customer requirements, desire to improve our business, development/supervision of other engineers,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing roles, to present results and formal analysis reports, adapting styles as appropriate,
- Aptitude for working creatively within multi-disciplinary project teams, integrating stress analysis into the design process.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.
- Experience in the nuclear sector
- First or upper second-class degree in a relevant mechanical subject.
- Experience of wider design process, ability to develop technical deliverables such as drawings and specs outside of analysis work, with broad experience of: requirements, drawing production, materials and manufacturing methods,
- A good understanding of Inventor & AutoCAD of general 3D design tools,
- Knowledge analytical principles and methods related to Piping, Seismic, Blast, Thermal or Fluids as well as structures,
- Fluency in using the following codes: BS EN 1990 series (Robot), BS 5950, BS EN 13001, PD 5500 Pressure Vessels, BS EN 13445, BS EN 13480, ASME III & VIII, ANSI B31.3 or B31.1,
- CEng / Member of a relevant institution (IMechE or IET).