Our client based at Bournemouth Airport is seeking to employ an experienced Principal Requirements Engineer - Avionic Systems to be Responsible to the Chief Engineer Technology for the identification, evaluation and development of key technologies.Title:
Principal Requirements Engineer - Avionic Systems Location:
Bournemouth Airport Type:
Permanent Role. Remuneration:
Salary on application.Role Purpose
As a Principal Requirements Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Detailed knowledge of requirements management using DOORS
- Demonstrable electronic systems engineering background. Additional RF engineering experience would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of aircraft avionic systems.
- Extensive experience in integration and specifying Special Mission Aircraft Systems relating to either ISTAR, SAR, EW, SA, LVC roles would be highly desirable.
- Degree Qualified or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline.
- SC Security Clearance or ability to be SC cleared.
- Knowledge of EASA certification requirements and processes would be highly desirable.
- Excellent communication, technical report writing and presentation skills
- The ability to work within a large organisation in a matrix management structure.
- Self-motivated, confident and assertive
- Managing and prioritising of own and others time across multiple activities to meet relevant deadlines and timescales
As a Principal Requirements Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
Essential Experience required
- Contribute to proposing technology roadmaps and technical strategy.
- Contribute for Technology Team Cost Estimation.
- Writing of technical proposals in support of new bids, understanding, negotiating and presenting existing capability and new customer requirements
- Understanding and reviewing systems, software, hardware, test and integration documentation to confirm that the software, hardware and architecture design are compliant
- Fulfil tasks to agreed time, budget and quality
- Carry out requirements engineering/management and engineering design methods as required
- Recognising the need for and proposing process and product improvements to ensure best practice and compliance with relevant standards (including safety
- Travel within the UK and overseas to support business needs as necessary.
- Candidates must have experience designing circuit diagrams/ electrical assemblies/ harnesses.
- Candidates must have worked in an aerospace design office/ airline design office environment.
- Candidates must have background as a design engineer with clear bias in experience on electronic/ avionic design.
- CATIA, Solidworks or AutoCAD proficient
- UK SC Clearable. Candidate must already hold UK SC clearance or be eligible to do so (likely 5+ years UK passport holder as a minimum)
- Electronic Systems Engineering background (role focusses on avionic/ electronic systems so mechanical background is no use)
- Requirements Management experience including utilisation of DOORS
- Aerospace and/or Defence experience (eg. Ultra/ Qinetiq/ BAE Submarines)
- Autonomous and creative in their approach - unlike Cobham Mission Systems at Wimborne or Comms & Connectivity at Marlow, this is a standalone project team so this individual won't be surrounded by large teams of similar engineers.
- A current RF Engineer who has the systems engineering background highlighted above would also be considered. RF experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of EASA certification process
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Natalie Dalkin at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate that you are entitled to work/live in the UK.