As an Assistant Project Engineer, this role will see you assist with project engineering activities to ensure projects are to the required quality and safety standards and to project timescales. The Assistant Project Engineer will be expected to assist the Project Engineering Manager on an engineering project and may be responsible for a smaller package of work.What are my responsibilities?
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Support the project engineering team to monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing and financial targets are met and effect remedial action where required
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling project work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required
- Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided
- Assist with the evaluation of the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time
- Electrical Engineering HND or equivalent (essential)
- Associate Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body (essential)
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management (essential)
- Be working towards IRSE Engineer Manager (Projects) licence
- Experience in Signal and Railway Engineering
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works
- Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions
We're Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.Organization:
Siemens Mobility LimitedExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: