An opportunity has arisen within a growing Television production company for an experienced Finance Director.
Following the merger of 2 thriving businesses, the leadership team are looking for an FD with a strong background in TV production to join the team and take responsibilities for the financials of the business and provide sound strategic direction.
Reporting into the founders and working closely with the Head of Production this role will play a crucial role in the growth and future direction of the business. Working across a number of genres including documentaries, factual entertainment and sports the companies are known for their high-end productions and have a number of industry awards to their name.
To be a successful candidate it is essential that you have a proven background of working within the television production industry, ideally within a number of indies. The role requires an individual who is technically strong, happy to be hands on whilst also being a key member of the management team. You will be adaptable, approachable and be able to evolve with the role. This is a pivotal role to the future success of the business. Experience within M&A would be highly beneficial.
- Sit within the management team, providing financial insight and advise to drive business plans and strategy
- Lead and maintain the day to day operations, including the tracking of financial information and provision of reports to key stakeholders;
- Work with the Head of Production to ensure a comprehensive and cohesive company financial strategy is continuously evolving, helping to influence & implement change;
- Set in place a reporting timetable for interim & year end accounting/reporting and oversee the audit;
- Contribute to the development of company strategy, taking the lead on any M&A activities;
- Challenge/support financial assumptions, decisions and ideas through robust analysis tools
- Produce and present the monthly financials pack, including KPI, variance, margin analysis;
- Responsible for annual budgeting, forecasting/re-forecasting, business plans and strategies;
- Work with HR to implement a new bonus & benefits structure
- Build complex financial models to support commercial & business decisions;
- Manage all external stakeholder relationships including investors, banks, lawyers, auditors etc;
- Develop, implement and maintain robust controls and procedures.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with a proven track record of working within a leadership role;
- Previous experience gained within TV Production/Indie SME is essential;
- Credible M&A Experience;
- Technically strong, commercial astute with excellent analytical skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, challenge and lead others whilst maintaining excellent working relationships;
- Strong communicator, with the ability to present financial information and manage stakeholder relations;
- Happy to be a hands-on individual being involved in all aspects of the finances alongside being part of the management team;
- Calm under pressure, attention to detail, with a logical approach;
- Proven people management skills;
- Confident, credible and able to develop and execute plans and strategies.
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted