Progress Tutor We have 24 posts available37 hours per weekFixed Term Contract until 11th June 2021Salary £25,200 - £26,717Benefits
- 42 days annual leave entitlement (37 days annual leave plus 5 discretionary days)
- Auto enrolment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Access to other benefits including car lease scheme, healthcare scheme and educations staff discounts.
Are you a teacher, trainer or recent graduate who has a yearning to work in Further Education?
Do you have a confident grasp of GCSE English Language, GCSE mathematics and digital skills for learning?
Are you able to confidently and speedily foster positive relationships with young people? Would you be able to engage and enthuse students in their learning and ensure they are equipped with the skills they need to succeed?
If so, and you share our passion to support young people to Go Further, the Progress Tutor role supporting students in small group catch-up sessions could be for you. It's a perfect opportunity for you to become an inspirational Progress Tutor and an ideal way for you to kick start your career at The Sheffield College.The Sheffield College
Following the interruption to learning caused by COVID-19 the Government have provided schools and colleges with a one off, ring-fenced fund in 2020/21 to provide small group catch-up sessions for students who experienced disruption to their studies in the spring and summer terms of 2019/20.
At The Sheffield College, Progress Tutors will provide online or face-to-face small group support for 16-19 Study Programme students with a GCSE English and/or maths grade 5 or below or who are experiencing difficulties relating to the disruption to their vocational studies.
Progress Tutors will provide support specifically related to the following three strands:
- Digital Skills for successful study
- Key English and maths topics for progression
- GCSE English and maths autumn / summer exams revision sessions
Reporting to the Heads of English and Maths this is an exciting opportunity to join our team.
You will be joining a dedicated and energetic team, as well as providing additional knowledge and experience for the future development of a successful team.Key responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications (Ideal, however do not be put off by these, if you have the personality, experience and the drive we can support you)
- Transfer knowledge in the form of key GCSE level English and maths topic skills, methods and techniques.
- Support the working of Digital Skills Small Group sessions to ensure that students can confidently access, save and navigate their way around their digital learning environment.
- Identify learning needs of students and agree / define appropriate learning objectives.
- At least A level or equivalent qualification in English, maths or Digital Skills and or relevant practical experience and ability. This could, for example, be demonstrated through teaching or training experience or prior training towards these roles.
- Thorough knowledge of the theories and principles of one or more of the key subjects, as well as sound understanding of pedagogy concepts.
- Highly skilled in use of relevant specialist and/or complex IT packages.
- Able to engage the interest and enthusiasm of students and inspire them to learn
Closing Date: 25th October 2020
As Disability Confident Leader we are committed to recruiting the best people to support our learners and our mission to 'transform your life through learning'.
We are committed to removing barriers for applicants with a disability during our recruitment process, upon appointment and as an employee.
We are an employer who values equality and diversity and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to have an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to safer recruiting procedures.To apply please click "apply" we shall then send you an application form link - you will need to complete our application form to be shortlisted.