Good Things Foundation is the UK's leading digital and social inclusion charity. Their mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through their Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, Good Things Foundation are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Based in Sheffield, you will be providing face-to-face and remote technical support, setting up new IT equipment and assisting the IT Support Team. Working in a team of 12 as an IT Support Apprentice, you will learn all aspects of IT needed!
Find out more about Good Things Foundation here: https://www.goodthingsfoundation.org/Roles & Responsibilities
- Providing face-to-face and remote technical support
- Setting up new IT equipment including laptops, meeting room equipment and network kits
- Assisting the IT Support technician team
- To work with the digital team to ensure the security of the network and cloud-based applications.
- Helping identify and implement improvements in the system and IT support processes.
Full support and guidance will be provided by both the employer and training provider throughout the apprenticeship.Desired Qualities, Skills & Knowledge
Salary, Hours & Benefits
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about IT and technology
- Proactive and eager to learn
- Good Problem-Solving Skills
- Attention to detail
- A minimum of Grade 4 in Maths or equivalent is required for this role.
- £11,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday 9 AM to 5 PM
- 37.5 hours per week
- 30 days a year holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Home-based (during current Covid-19 restrictions)
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.About Baltic
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!
Baltic Apprenticeships - Information, advice and guidanceEligibility criteria
Individuals must have a valid and eligible residency status to apply for this role. For more information, please read Annex A on the below document:
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91015891