Finance Support ConsultantBristol based role. Salary up to £45 base (depending on experience), plus car allowance and comprehensive benefits.
My client is a leading Accounting Software provider with the market's most powerful financial management solution. Covering core financials, budgeting and forecasting to project accounting, they have a unified solution built from the ground up for the cloud. They are experiencing excellent growth and have a very exciting future ahead of them, so now is a great time to join.
This is an ideal opportunity for a finance professional looking to combine their accounting expertise with excellent customer service in a varied role. We are looking for a Finance Support Consultant with a strong business understanding and passion for new technology. You will be working mostly with existing customers, providing help desk support to both direct customers and partners. You will also be involved with delivering our specialist post go-live support service for customers directly after the implementation, involving both on-site and off-site assistance.
Additional activities include testing of new releases, updating product documentation, delivering customer webinars, supporting implementation and pre-sales consultants, delivering ad-hoc customer training and supporting account managers with customer reviews.
We are looking for people who have a good insight into how an ERP system works, either from a consulting role or from the customer side. You should ideally be a qualified or part qualified accountant. You should have a good understanding of basic business processes.
Thriving on new challenges and working in a dynamic working environment, you will be a team player in an environment where colleagues support each other. You can find good solutions and have a pragmatic attitude.Main responsibilities for the Finance Support Consultant
Essential qualifications and experience
- Providing high quality support to customers and partners via our cloud based support desk
- Managing the progress of support tickets from inception to resolution, including follow up with 3rd line support, to meet our Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets.
- Encouraging customers to make the best use of the product for automating business processes
- Delivering additional training and consultancy on site or remotely to customers after they have gone live
- Testing of new releases
- Maintaining the product documentation in line with new releases and UK accounting practices
- Supporting other members of the team in detailed use of the product
- Input into development requirements for UK localisation
- Customer focused input into marketing collateral and marketing campaigns
- Reporting to the Customer Services Manager, submitting weekly timesheets and customer questionnaires
Desired qualifications and experience
- Part qualified accountant (ACCA, ICAEW, AAT or CIMA)
- Experience of supporting ERP systems such as Unit4/Agresso, Microsoft, SAP, Sage 200, Netsuite or Oracle, whether with a software supplier or from the customer side.
- Practical experience in one or more of the following business areas:
- Management and financial accounting
- Project management, project accounting, project billing
- Multi-currency reporting, multi-company accounting and consolidation
- Purchasing, stock accounting and ordering
- Knowledge of HR and Payroll will be useful in the future
- Strong understanding of basic business processes
- Strong IT technical skills and understanding
- Fully qualified accountant (AAT, ACCA, ICAEW or CIMA)
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate themselves and others
- Service-minded and solution focused
- Responsible and reliable
- Accurate and structured
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Flexibility and the willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent written and spoken business English