FINTEC recruit is seeking a Principal/Senior Embedded Software Engineer
for our client who is one of the world's foremost engineering services companies. Operating across 15 countries and employing more than 12,000 personnel they provide product engineering and lifecycle services to a range of high-tech industries including Aerospace & Defence, Transportation (Auto and Rail), Power and Industrial, Oil & Gas and Medical Devices. Our client has a growing Electronics, Systems and Software engineering capability across the UK. This is a permanent position based in Luton, working within an integrated project team. You will ideally have experience from working in Automotive, Rail, Transportation, Aerospace or other domains that are tightly regulated and safety criticalResponsibilities:
- Creating high quality and robust designs and code
- Documenting and recording your work products
- Providing plans and progress reports
Skills and experience required for the Embedded Software Engineer role:
- Ideally a 2:1, or better, in a relevant science-based honours degree e.g. Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Electronic Engineering (BSc (Hon)/ BEng (Hon)/ MEng)
- Experience developing software in industry, or experience of a research and development organisation
- Programming in an object-oriented programming language. C++ is mandatory.
- Confident in Object Oriented Design and UML (Unified Modelling Language)
- Experience of developing software for a real-time embedded environment
- Experience with real time operating systems required; VxWorks would be ideal.
- Familiarity with Model Driven Engineering
- Experience in some of: Rhapsody, MatLab/Simulink, DOORS, Dimensions similar tools is beneficial
- Some of the teams are moving towards agile so familiarity with Agile and Scrum techniques and JIRA, BitBucket, Git is desirable but not essential
Full details of the Principal/Senior Embedded Software Engineer is available on application. To apply please submit your current CV.