Finance Assistant £22k - £24kColchester, Essex
Our client has been based in the City of London for over 150 years, they also have offices in Leeds and Colchester. They would describe themselves as a full-service law firm with specialists in Corporate/Commercial, Civil Litigation, Housing, Employment, Real Estate, Projects and Property Development.The role
They have an opening for a Finance Assistant to assist the department with all aspects of accounts administration, including all aspects of legal cashiering.
What they are looking for
- Residual Balance administration and general finance assistance for the Real Estate and Projects Department
- Reconciliation of client matters for both office and client ledgers
- Office and client account banking and processing
- Process client and office account payments by BACS/CHAPS
- Archiving of ledger files
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE THE REQUIRED RESIDUAL BALANCE EXPERIENCE WITHIN A LEGAL ENVIRONMENT
- At least 12 months experience achieved within a legal accounts working environment
- Previous experience of residual balance reconciliation and experience of all aspects of commercial conveyancing accounting is essential
- Minimum of 5 A-C grades at GCSE or equivalent including grade B in English Language, Literature and Maths
- A high attention to detail to produce work/documentation, which is consistently of a high standard
- Good IT Skills (competent in Excel and Word)
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- Has a flexible approach to ensure all deadlines are met
- Must be able to work as part of a team and possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal
For more information about this Finance Assistant role please contacts Alison Banks at LR Legal Recruitment or to apply please do so within.
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
*Please note our advertisements use PQE and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. Please be aware that due to the volume of applications that we receive if you have not heard from us within 48 hours your application has been unsuccessful.