We are looking to recruit an Aerospace Project Manager with full product development life cycle experience from design through to manufacturing. The successful candidate will have proven experience in the Aviation and /or Defence sectors, working with end customers, being the technical point of contact.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide management and oversight of a number of programmes and smaller projects, including:
·Define the project objectives, determine communication to internal resources and allocate tasks.
·Prepare proposals. Conduct and assist in contract negotiations.
·Provide forecasting and assist in prioritising deliveries for seat production
·Support the global business - production, development opportunities and exhibitions
·Provide technical guidance and oversight to other disciplines within the project, including customers and suppliers.
·Coordinate meetings and reviews
·Ensure product and programme adherence to legal and contractual obligations
- Point of contact -provide the primary point of contact and liaison with the customer throughout the project life-cycle.
- Data transfer - provide and maintain the customer interface throughout the formal data transfer process (preliminary and standard data reviews) and / or informal data reviews, whilst incorporating a focus on internal customer/supplier relationships.
- Project deliverables - manage internal and external relationships to ensure project deliverables are achieved i.e. project planning and control, (capture, collect and track costs, raise invoice
- Proposal - prepare / create the technical proposal definition, including necessary documents such as SOW. Generation of all labour hours, hardware requirements and project cost data.
- Programme Team - task coordination across the multi-disciplined Programme team matrix as
Subject matter Expert (SME) within specific context of the Programme.
- Schedule management - manage the programme schedule internally; plan and organise what is
required and when, acting as the customer interface.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required / instructed in order to maintain and / or improve the efficiency, quality and service provided by the Programmes Department.
- To undertake business travel abroad or within the UK as and when required.