Are you an experienced Commercial Manager looking for your next contract opportunity? Do you have a track record of achieving positive commercial outcomes and establishing stakeholder relationships in the public sector? If so, please read on for more details.
Leading end to end sourcing activity including pre-procurement activity, requirements definition, strategy development, market engagement and producing the invitation to tender pack (including specification, technical and financial evaluation and contract drafting)
* Leading contract implementation and management activity, working closely with stakeholders to deliver mobilisation, performance management, contract variation, negotiation and exit activity
* Strategy development at contract level, using business acumen and market insight to drive commercial opportunities to deliver continuous improvement, value for money and/or savings
* Embedding Cabinet Office's Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) approach at contract level
* Analysing market, spend and performance data and presenting this to support commercial activity and reporting requirements
* Leading on collaborative commercial opportunities, working with other government departments
* Leading conflict and issue resolution with suppliers and stakeholders, seeking support from the Senior Commercial Manager where appropriate
* Supporting the Senior Commercial Manager and leading on activities which support the development of category management procedures, tools and ways of working
* Managing communication or escalation of issues from customers.
* Ensuring compliance with governance, legislative and policy requirements as appropriate
Essential Experience/ Skills/ Qualifications
Qualified (MCIPS) (desirable)
Related public sector experience.
Experience in Category/ Contract Management/ Delivering Procurement
History of working in goods (desirable
Commutable location to Leeds
BPSS clearedAstute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful