Five Education are working with a Further Education setting in Bath who are looking for an additional staff member to support some of their learners. This is a lovely setting, with a supportive permanent staff who care about providing the best possible care to their learners. They have a well structured day, a limited canteen on-site and free parking.
You will be working with small groups of learners who have a range of needs including PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties). The learners will be between the ages of 16 & 25.
We are looking for a candidate who has experience supporting children, young adults or adults with epilepsy. You will be working with learners who have a high number of seizures per day, as well as additional needs which may include PMLD, SLD (severe learning difficulties), being non-verbal, sensory needs and/or Autism.
All candidates applying for this role will be expected to perform personal care.
There will be permanent members of staff supporting alongside the candidate, this will ensure you have someone experienced to help get to know the learners and to help them maintain the structure and routine in their classrooms. The learners have access to sensory rooms, which you will need to support in as well.
- A flexible and resourceful approach
- At least 12 months of experience supporting children and/or young adults with SEN
- Able to work with non-verbal learners
- Willing to provide personal care
- Have the right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references
- Candidates must either have a DBS on the update service that covers Child & Adult Workforce or be able to pay for a new DBS (£45)
- Able to work 8.30-4.30, 5 days per week term time only
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check, barred list check, reference checks, face to face interview and professional checks such as a TRA check.