Lead Developer - Christchurch, Dorset
The Lead Developer will lead the development of policies and processes to create an Azure DevOps working environment and support the development of products and services.
This is a mixed role which shall consist of both DevOps and software development:
- DevOps configuration and automation - migrating key TFS projects to Azure DevOps
- Training and management the team on all aspects of DevOps
- Quality management and ownership of the processes
- Policy development and enforcement with Lead Developer
- Development of new software and support of existing products
The role includes responsibility for development and retention of staff through participation in the recruitment and appraisal processes.
The Lead Developer will work closely with the IT Director to achieve quality driven goals and shall be responsible for staff alignment on these policies.
The Lead Developer will contribute to the development of the company's IT strategy by being aware of the latest technologies and market trends and advising senior management on questions of strategic direction.
The Lead Developer will support the line manager responsible for overall IT planning by contributing to the planning process.
Key Technical Skills
- Azure DevOps
- Visual Basic .NET
- Web API
- Entity Framework
- Microsoft SQL Server and TSQL
- XML with XSLT
- WCF / Web services using SOAP and WSDL
Desirable Technical Skills
- .Net Core
- Dependency Injection (Unity)
- Visual Studio Test Projects
- Relational Database design