PCB Layout DesignerLocation: StevenageSalary: Up to £40,000 + benefits (Overtime, Bonus, Pension & more)
Working within a world leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have an excellent opportunity for a PCB Layout Designer whowill be involved in providing PCB Design Layouts derived from a range of RF/Electronic and Mechanical requirements. As the PCB Layout Designer, you will provide suitable component placements, and routing, for review in accordance with customer requirements and company design rules. Fabrication and assembly manufacturing data packs are then produced to company standards. It requires close collaboration with all stakeholders from conception through to delivery to meet agreed timelines and deliverables. Although predominately RF focused there will be non-RF layout activities, with the main team, the ratio of this will vary.
The role will span all types of layout from simple boards to complex multilayer boards as well as component placement and drawing creation. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to develop technical skills across a broad range of products.
This is a PCB Design Layout role and does not include RF/Electronic Schematic design.
PCB Layout Designer skills and qualifications required:
To be suitable for this role, you will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes, or a willingness to learn and develop:
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment.
- An understanding of the design processes and best practices for PCB Layout
- PCB Layout knowledge of multi-layer designs.
- An understanding of RF circuits.
- An understanding of IPC standards for high reliability products.
- An understanding of PCB fabrication processes and technologies (materials, stack-ups etc.)
- An understanding of PCB assembly processes and technologies.
- Work effectively in collaboration with mechanical, electronic designers and relevant project managers
- Manage own workload and take ownership of own designs (supporting reviews and identifying/addressing potential issues).
- Preferably knowledge of Zuken CR5000 or CR8000, but not mandatory as training would be provided for the right candidate.